"make distcheck" with a cross compiler

From: Douglas Phillipson
Subject: "make distcheck" with a cross compiler
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:48:49 -0700

I'm new to autoconf, I'll let you know that right up front. It's a wonderful build system and I can see it's going to save me tons of time and effort. I've built my first project with it and it works fine, even with my cross compiler to "ARM", but I can't seem to do a "distcheck" of course because the build system is x86 and I'm cross compiling to ARM. How can I tell the build system NOT to try to run the binary when doing distcheck so it will finish and create the nice gzipped tar file of my ARM binaries?

Thanks

Doug P