Re: Building a 2.6 device driver with GNU Build system

From: Zeeshan Ali
Subject: Re: Building a 2.6 device driver with GNU Build system
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:38:40 +0300

Hello Douglas,

On 5/30/06, Douglas Phillipson <address@hidden> wrote:
I there a Tutorial available that might help me put some 2.6 Kernel
device driver code under the GNU Build system?  I have successfully done
some regular code, even cross compiled to ARM, but I'm under the
impression that the you have to use the "Kernel build" system for device
drivers.  How does the Kernel build system integrate with the GNU build
system?

    There is an autotools expert named Thomas Vander Stichele who has
written m4 scripts for that. Lately i found out that they dont work
with very latest kernels so i made a small fix. I am sending the
scripts in attachment and also the configure.ac from my project that
uses these scritps. Hope it helps.

---
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali