Re: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL (was: (no subject))

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL (was: (no subject))
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 01:56:31 +0000

With a bit of digging I can see that the configure.ac file that
(on a machine that demonstrates this problem) autom4te sees:

% cd autom4te.cache/
% grep AC_PROG_LIBT *
output.0:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
output.1:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
output.3:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
%

so AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is clearly there, but seems to be "weeded out" from
later runs.

I contrast this with a different configure.ac on that same machine,
which shows:

% cd autom4te.cache/
% grep AC_PROG_LIBT *
output.0:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
output.1:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
output.2:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
output.3:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
output.4:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
requests:                        'AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' => 1,
%

What can I do to debug this problem?  I'm running automake 2.59.