Re: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL (was: (no subject))

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL (was: (no subject))
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:25:14 +0000

> Hi,
>   first, run aclocal, it should install the AC_PROG_LIBTOOL macro to
> aclocal.m4.
>   Then run autoconf.

autoreconf does this.

The fragment I posted works on many machines and does not work on some
machines.

In particular, I have a "nested" repo, where topdir/configure.ac uses
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL and topdir/subdir/configure.ac (a tear-off subdir) uses
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL and on the problematic machines there is no problem in
topdir, but the subdir fails.

> The info from your preceding mail does not pbring anything new:
> The occurences in requests are normal.  The occurence in the output.*
> file indicates that the macro was not expanded, which indicates
> a problem.

What can I do to help resolve this?  In the first fragment,
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is expanded in 3 out of 4 (or is it 2 out of 3) output.x
files (this corresponds to the non-working subdir case), while in the
2nd fragment AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is expanded in all of the output.x files.

I'm still open to suggestions on how to track this down.