Different types of configure for same program

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Different types of configure for same program
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 01:44:24 +0100

Hi all,

Sometimes I wish to call configure with different flags. For example:
./configure CXXFLAGS="-ggdb -Wall -std=c++98"

or
./configure CXXFLAGS="-O3 -funroll-loops" --with-gmp

or some more like these. Having to be writing these all the time is
cumbersome and error-prone since for debugging or for long line of
flags and configure options I sometimes forget what I want.

What's the 'common' way to solve this problem?

I though about scripts, like: ./configure-for-debug.sh or
./configure-with-gmp... etc.. but I'm curious about how other people
work this out in their on projects.

Thanks a lot in advance,

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm