[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: conftest files
Re: conftest files
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:19:38 -0400
On 8/13/06, Stepan Kasal <address@hidden> wrote:
> >On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 08:52:00AM -0400, Christopher Hulbert wrote:
> >> information, so the PGI compiler creates some updated IPA information
> >> for the conftest. When testing for the next library compiled without
> >> IPA information, it doesn't overwrite the original IPA file and gets
> >> an undefined symbol resulting from the first library.
at the end of AC_LINK_IFELSE (formerly AC_TRY_LINK), the generated
files are deleted. What is the name of the filei(s) with IPA
information? Perhaps it should be deleted, too.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to finish a presentation.
I guess the problem from an autoconf standpoint is it's compiler
dependent and even file dependent. In this case the filename is
conftest_ipa8_conftest.oo. The lastpart is the name of the output
executable (conftest). The 8 is the length of the executable filename.
The extension .oo is the optimized object file so that linking *.o
wouldn't pull in the ipo optimized objects.
I don't get any problems with the intel compiler as it just creates
temporary objects, so I would just consider this an oddball PGI thing.
Have a nice day,
Autoconf mailing list
Re: conftest files, Ralf Wildenhues, 2006/08/25
Re: conftest files, Christopher Hulbert, 2006/08/25
- conftest files, Christopher Hulbert, 2006/08/11
- Re: conftest files, Albert Chin, 2006/08/11
- Re: conftest files, Christopher Hulbert, 2006/08/11
- Re: conftest files, Stepan Kasal, 2006/08/13
- Re: conftest files,
Christopher Hulbert <=
- Re: conftest files, Stepan Kasal, 2006/08/16
- Re: conftest files, Paul Eggert, 2006/08/16
- Re: conftest files, Albert Chin, 2006/08/16
- Re: conftest files, Stepan Kasal, 2006/08/17