Re: disabling -O on gcc platforms

From: Robert Schwebel
Subject: Re: disabling -O on gcc platforms
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:39:43 +0100

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 10:03:10AM +0100, Christoph Rupp wrote:
> > Well, your problem seems not to be the autoconf stuff but the reason
> > why the optimization breaks the library. Is your current
> > work-in-progress version available somewhere?
>
> I found this bug a few months ago and then switched to gcc 4.1.1,
> which worked for me.

There definitely is no bug in earlier gcc versions which has such an
effect - thousands of other people would have noticed it. So I suspect
it is a problem with your code. So testing for the "right" gcc version
is the wrong "solution".

As always: "it doesn't work" is no error description. Show us the code.

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9