Re: patch: lib/autoconf/programs.m4 AC_PROG_INSTALL (try 3)

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: patch: lib/autoconf/programs.m4 AC_PROG_INSTALL (try 3)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:17:33 +0100

Hello Thien-Thi,

* Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote on Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 07:45:54PM CET:
> this one passes "make check".
> it also checks "-d" functionality.
>
> (IIUC the TODO file, the minimal "GNU install conformance"
>  would be "-d DIR" to do "mkdir -p DIR" (basically),
>  plus support for "FILE FILE... DIR" syntax.)

Thanks for your work.  But I think this isn't such a big requirement,
now that $(MKDIR_P) will do TRT, so I guess we could rather remove the
TODO item without any further code changes.  Please do not send whole
source files rather than unified diffs.  Also please note that `test -a'
is not POSIX, merely XSI, so `test ... && test ...' is preferable.