new line added to a variable passed to a macro

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: new line added to a variable passed to a macro
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:05:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

I am using the AC_CHECK_ECORE_MODULE macro like that:

AC_CHECK_ECORE_MODULE([Ipc],
  ["yes"],
  [${have_ecore_con}]
)

The macro definition is basically:

dnl use: AC_CHECK_ECORE_MODULE(Foo, default-enabled[, dependancy[,
ACTION-IF-FOUND[, ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND]]])

AC_DEFUN([AC_CHECK_ECORE_MODULE],
[

AC_MSG_WARN("IPC FLAGS  **$3**")

if test "x$3" = "x" -o "x$3" = "xyes" ; then
fi

])

The output is:

configure: WARNING: "IPC FLAGS  **yes
**"

That is, a new line is added. I don't know why. It is annoying as I am doing the test on $3 (note that the third parameter is optional). What is also strange is that I use that macro several times, and that new line is only added when I call:

AC_CHECK_ECORE_MODULE([Ipc],
  ["yes"],
  [${have_ecore_con}]
)