Re: new line added to a variable passed to a macro

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: new line added to a variable passed to a macro
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:59:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Vincent Torri <address@hidden> writes:

That is, a new line is added. I don't know why. It is annoying as I am
doing the test on $3 (note that the third parameter is optional). What is
also strange is that I use that macro several times, and that new line is
only added when I call:

AC_CHECK_ECORE_MODULE([Ipc],
  ["yes"],
  [${have_ecore_con}]
                      ^^^
The newline is here.  m4 does not strip trailing whitespace when gathering
arguments.  Either put the closing paren directly after it, or use dnl.

haaa, nasty m4 ! Thank you again !

off topic : is it better to use ${have_ecore_con} or $have_ecore_con ?

Vincent Torri