AC_ARG_ENABLE: problem with the output of configure --help

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: AC_ARG_ENABLE: problem with the output of configure --help
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 07:59:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

I've written an m4 macro (see attached file). That macro has a parameter that says if a module should be compiled by default or not (second parameter). According to that value, I choose to display --enable-*** or --disable-***.

But, both are displayed. For example, if I call:

AC_CHECK_ECORE_MODULE([Job],
  [yes])

configure --help displays:

  --enable-ecore-job   enable the ecore_job module. [default=disabled]
  --disable-ecore-job  disable the ecore_job module. [default=enabled]

If I do not use the macro, the following code:

AC_ARG_ENABLE(ecore-job,
  AC_HELP_STRING(
    [--enable-ecore-job],
    [enable the ecore_job module. [[default=enabled]]]
  ), [
    want_ecore_job=$enableval
  ], [
    want_ecore_job=yes
  ]
)

displays only

  --enable-ecore-job      enable the ecore_job module. [default=enabled]

Does someone have an explanation ?

Thank you

Vincent Torri