Re: Installing with Autotools under Windows?

From: Harald Dunkel
Subject: Re: Installing with Autotools under Windows?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:41:22 +0200

Hi Hans,

Is it possible that you are looking for an install manager?
Maybe http://installjammer.com/ is an option?

Just a suggestion, of course.

Regards

Harri
Hans Derkits wrote:
Dear participants,

I would be astonished, if my problem should not already have appeared on this list: Is it possible to use Autotools also for an adapted installation of
programs under MSWindows?

Java-jars should be installed under condition of presence/absence of certain
other applications on the Windows-machine - or the user should be asked to
first install the necessary applications.

As far as I see, it should be fine to use 'configure' for testing of the
conditions.  But usually, we cannot suppose the ability to start an sh-script
on a Windows-machine.

Does anyone of you know an appropriate solution?

Many thanks!

Hans Derkits