Re: automatic update Makefile.am -> Makefile.in -> Makefile no longer wo

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: automatic update Makefile.am -> Makefile.in -> Makefile no longer working
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:48:19 -0600

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Haible wrote:
> Or is there an "obvious" workaround that I'm not seeing?

I don't know how obvious this is because I am in many ways not very
knowledgeable about the internal workings of the autotools but in the
output was a clue.

> aclocal.m4:14: error: this file was generated for autoconf 2.61.
> You have another version of autoconf.  If you want to use that,
> you should regenerate the build system entirely.

I would follow that clue and regenerate everything.

  autoreconf
  ./configure

After that I think everything should be normal again.

I could also imagine that if this is a project that used a bootstrap
script that instead of 'autoreconf' that the './bootstrap' script
would be used instead, assuming that it performed similar actions.

Bob