Re: ntpd autoreconf question (FreeBSD)...

From: Michael L. Semon
Subject: Re: ntpd autoreconf question (FreeBSD)...
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 00:51:35 -0400

Problem solved. Thanks for the hints! All of your tips helped for everything except autoreconf. I got as far as this...

aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal
autoconf

...to beat the AC_PROG_LIBTOOL and AC_DISABLE_SHARED warnings, but then I would get an AC_DEFINE_DIR warning that has to do with one of ntpd's m4 scripts.

Taking your hint, I realized that things like gcc, make, m4, bison, and sed were installed to /usr, but automake, autoconf, libtool, and friends were installed to /usr/local. Well! Lesson learned: I need to pay more attention when using FreeBSD's various package managers, especially the Ports Collection. Everything on /usr/local except guile was recompiled and reinstalled on /usr, and ntpd now compiles as it should, patched or unpatched.

Thanks again!

Michael

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hello Michael, Harlan,