configure script cross-compile issues

From: Mark Fortescue
Subject: configure script cross-compile issues
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 21:27:26 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I am having big problems with autoconf configure scripts and cross compiling as the defaults are wrong or the tests used make invalid assumptions about being able to run cross-compiled code.

Is the a 'I am using glibc-2.3.x' setup that can be used to make configure scripts at least get the basics like malloc correct?

Fixing configure scripts (mainly as they are auto generated) is very tedious and difficult. There must be a better way to get cross compilation settings correct.

Regards
        Mark Fortescue.