Re: msys : convert datadir to windows directory syntax

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: msys : convert datadir to windows directory syntax
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 19:47:24 +0100

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 16:21, Vincent Torri wrote:
> I'll try AC_DEFINE_DIR with the macro that Keith gave me.

If you do, then you should be aware that AC_DEFINE_DIR, which is not a
standard autoconf builtin macro, (in spite of its apparent assignment
to the AC namespace), depends on exactly the same undocumented autoconf
internals as the solution I suggested earlier.  As an example of the
type of breakage I referred to then, the original formulation of
AC_DEFINE_DIR broke when autoconf added `datarootdir', requiring an
extra round of `eval' to resolve `$datadir', for example.

This sort of definition is fragile, for precisely this reason; it will
break again, if a future autoconf version chooses to add yet another
level of indirection, for some definition you just happen to want to
resolve, when you invoke its expansion in the configure script.

Regards,
Keith.