configure is not checking everything

From: Adam PAPAI
Subject: configure is not checking everything
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:27:31 +0200

Dear list,

I've a problem with the generated configure script.

I'd like it to check the build type automatically, but it doesn't want to.

How should I do it?

I have only a few lines in the configure.ac

snippet from the configure.ac:

# Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
AC_PREREQ(2.59)
AC_INIT(FULL-PACKAGE-NAME, VERSION, BUG-REPORT-ADDRESS)
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([hello.c])
AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])
# Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CC
# Checks for libraries.
# Checks for header files.
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([sys/time.h])
# Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.
AC_HEADER_TIME
# Checks for library functions.
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([gettimeofday])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile])
AC_OUTPUT

After running the ./configure script, I didn't see the following lines in the config.log.

checking build system type
result: i386-unknown-openbsd4.2
checking host system type
result: i386-unknown-openbsd4.2

I'd like to add the these lines to the configure.ac, but if the system type check and build system type check is not working, it does not really matter

case "$host" in
  *-linux*)
    AC_DEFINE(PLATFORM_LINUX, 1, [Define if you are compiling for Linux])
    ;;
  *-hpux*)
    AC_DEFINE(PLATFORM_HPUX, 1, [Define if you are compiling for HP/UX])
    ;;
  *-solaris*)
AC_DEFINE(PLATFORM_SOLARIS, 1, [Define if you are compiling for Solaris])
    ;;
  *-freebsd*)
    AC_DEFINE(PLATFORM_BSD, 1, [Define if you are compiling for *BSD])
    ;;
  *-bsdi*)
    AC_DEFINE(PLATFORM_BSD, 1, [Define if you are compiling for *BSD])
    ;;
  *-netbsd*)
    AC_DEFINE(PLATFORM_BSD, 1, [Define if you are compiling for *BSD])
    ;;
  *-openbsd*)
    AC_DEFINE(PLATFORM_BSD, 1, [Define if you are compiling for *BSD])
    ;;
  *)
AC_DEFINE(PLATFORM_UNKNOWN, 1, [Define if you are compiling for an unknown system])
    ;;
esac

What should I add to the configure.ac if I want the configure script to check the system/build type?

Thanks in advance,

--
Adam PAPAI
D i g i t a l Influence