Re: changing the default compilers for autoconf

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: changing the default compilers for autoconf
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:14:01 +0200

On Sep 7, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Sanjay Gianchandani wrote:

Hi fellas,
I have been working on Solaris, and have been trying to increase the
efficiency of autoconf built softwares on the system.
The main issue here is that autoconf by default, and as a rule, uses the GNU
based compilers to make the software, while
on Solaris, Sun Studio compilers prove to be much more efficient.
I am a big dud when it comes to M4 experience, so any directions that any of
you could give would be really helpful!!
any starting point, which files of autoconf I would need to focus on, or
what changes would i need to incorporate...just anything
actually...
thanks!

Hi,
what about ./configure CC=<your_C_compiler> CXX=<your_C++_compiler> etc... ?

If you always want to override this, you can use a config.site (see:
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/autoconf/Site- Defaults.html#Site-Defaults
for more information).

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory