RE: _AS_LN_S_PREPARE question

From: Duft Markus
Subject: RE: _AS_LN_S_PREPARE question
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:24:11 +0100

Ralf Wildenhues <mailto:address@hidden> wrote:
> * Duft Markus wrote on Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 07:59:48AM CET:
>> Ralf Wildenhues <mailto:address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a LD_PRELOAD-like mechanism on windows, by which you can
>>> intercept all open-like library calls?
>>> <http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/nt/DLL_PRELOAD/> suggests there isn't
>>> one.
>>
>> Hm, i implemented LD_PRELOAD fully, but by concept this can only
>> work at shared library boundaries (i'm generating code with parity
>> that does all the shared library loading, which is capable of
>> LD_PRELOAD, LD_BIND_NOW, LD_BIND_LAYZ and such things :) just
>> runtime linking like behaviour is missing right now, but i have a
>> patch waiting for this...).
>
> What I meant here was: a chance to intercept all open-like calls done
> by the msvc binary itself (at which point you could presumably do the
> symlinnk resolution).  Not programs and libraries you or your users
> are building.

Argh, while thinking about it, it came to my mind, that i would have to
preload the compiler, which isn't possible, since i can only preload
binaries that i have built using my wrapper.... Unfortunately microsoft
isn't using my software yet :)

Also i looked at the above link you sent me. I can't use this, since i
had a look at cl.exe and saw, that it is a mixed mode C++.NET app, which
links against the .NET Framework (arg) and is not pure native code.

Was a good idea anyway...

Cheers, Markus