Re: just one of a million reasons why autoconf is a worthless piece of s

From: Dirk
Subject: Re: just one of a million reasons why autoconf is a worthless piece of shit (2)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:14:56 +0100

Paul Smith wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 15:37 +0100, Dirk wrote:
I HAVE written something that works better than autoconf... in the
real world... that requires only a installed C compiler... and is so
easy it makes autoconf look like a project whose purpose is to harm
open source development...

Hah!  Good one.  For a minute there I thought you might actually be
serious.  I know, crazy right?  You really got me on that one.  You kind
of overplayed it with the attachment, though: once I looked at the
contents it was soooo obvious that it was a big joke.  Next time either
do something more believable, or else just don't send anything at all:
people won't see through it so quickly.  Nevertheless, I needed a good
laugh, and you provided it so thanks for that.

Cheers!

Arrogance won't make autoconf better.