Re: just one of a million reasons why autoconf is a worthless piece of s

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: just one of a million reasons why autoconf is a worthless piece of shit (2)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:00:00 -0600

Bruce Korb wrote:
> I do hate contributing to this thread, but way back at the beginning,
> I believe I remember that his irritation began with with some indecipherable
> "command not found" message.

I hate adding to it as well.  But just to keep the records straight
the original complaint was about problem in a project's autogen.sh
script which is not even part of autoconf.

> > ./autogen.sh: line 47: intltoolize: command not found

An autogen.sh script would by convention be a script written by a
project's maintainer which might or might not call autoconf along with
whatever other programs are needed to get things going from a pristine
source checkout.  But autogen.sh isn't part of autoconf and isn't
distributed by it.

Bob