posh and Autoconf

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: posh and Autoconf
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:39:47 +0200

I tried the Autoconf test suite with the posh (Policy-compliant Ordinary
SHell, <http://packages.debian.org/de/etch/shells/posh>) supplied with
Debian: it failed the "AC_CONFIG_LINKS and identical files" test due to
this bug: <http://bugs.debian.org/474480>.

I upgraded my posh to the latest version in Debian before the report,
from 0.5.4 to 0.6.4, to ensure the bug wasn't fixed already.  To my
surprise, the newer posh now fails to run configure and config.status
scripts because it requires that 'trap' and 'kill' use symbolic signal
names.  "Interesting", a shell that explicitly forbids an XSI extension,
apparently on purpose.

Not sure whether there is or will be serious interest in getting
configure scripts to work with this shell, I just thought I share
this here FYI.  I don't intend to work on this.