Re: autotest

From: Allan Clark
Subject: Re: autotest
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:04:59 -0400

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Rikki Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]
> Is there a way to make your testsuite automatically find the executable you
> are trying to run without putting the path directly in .at?  Also is
> there a way to make autotest find the program you just built without doing
> a make install before a make check? Or
> do you have to do a make install before the make check no matter what?
> [...]

I do that using an testsuite.at.in that generates a testsuite.at from
autoconf (my nagios-ldap work, for example):

configure.in:
AC_CONFIG_TESTDIR([tests-autotest])
AC_SUBST(NAGIOS)
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile
  tests-autotest/Makefile tests-autotest/atlocal tests-autotest/testsuite.at
)

tests-autotest/testsuite.at.in:
AT_CHECK(address@hidden@ --version], 0, [ignore],[ignore])

In a similar fashion, you might use your ${abs_builddir} to refer to
${abs_builddir}/src/<something> by including a generated atlocal (which is
empty in my current iteration).

Allan
--
address@hidden "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish