Re: fix AC_CONFIG_LINKS([X:X]) (was: New module gnu-make)

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: fix AC_CONFIG_LINKS([X:X]) (was: New module gnu-make)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 01:34:35 +0200

Hi Ralf,

> > > Current Autoconf allows you to do this:
> > >   AC_CONFIG_LINKS([GNUmakefile:GNUmakefile])

When I use this, and build in the source directory, then configure shows this
output:

  config.status: WARNING: not linking GNUmakefile to itself

Can this be removed? I find this irritating. autoconf is doing its job
right on this (previously tricky) issue. Now that the issue is well understood,
is not tricky any more, and there is no reason for a warning.

A warning means that
  1) there is something wrong,
  2) there is a reasonable way for the user to do things differently, so that
     the warning is not shown any more.
Neither 1) nor 2) is fulfilled here.

Bruno