Autoconf macros for various libraries.

From: Craig Sanders
Subject: Autoconf macros for various libraries.
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:10:23 +1000

Hello all.

Does anyone know if any Autoconf macros exist for checking if the following
libraries are installed on a system?

  - Crypto++ C++ encryption library
  - ACE (Adaptive Communications Environment) C++ library

I have had a bit of a look around - including the Autoconf macro archive, but I
couldn't seem to find anything. I don't really want to have to write my own
macros, but if I have to then I will.

This last point leads me to my next question, and that is; are there any good
guidelines for writing such Autoconf macros? I was thinking of using the
Autoconf Boost library detection macros as a reference.

Thanks in advance.

- Craig