config.h and its defines.

From: Václav Haisman
Subject: config.h and its defines.
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 21:19:41 +0200

Hi,
I have this library, it includes autoconf generated config.h in its public headers. Now, config.h defines PACKAGE_* set of symbols. The problem is that if user programme or another library also uses autoconf and config.h, the PACKAGE_* (and also other) symbols are now being #defined twice, which results into warning/error.

What is the right approach to this? Am I supposed not to include config.h in public headers? Can I turn off PACKAGE_* symbols generation? The library itself does not need them that much.

--
VH