RE: [autoconf 2.63] 95 of 353 tests fail

From: Howard Larson
Subject: RE: [autoconf 2.63] 95 of 353 tests fail
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:00:57 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Ralf Wildenhues' [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 00:07
To: Eric Blake
Cc: Howard Larson; address@hidden

* Eric Blake wrote on Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 05:25:16AM CEST:
> Please don't top-post.
>
> > I have performed a search for a conftest.obj file and it does not exist.
As
> > I mentioned in an earlier email, build of libtool failed to produce any
.obj
> > files.
> >
> > I have installed MinGW.  Does it not have gcc? If not, how do I ensure
make
> > check is using gcc?  (I am new to this build environment.)
>
> You may be better off asking these sorts of questions on the mingw list,
> then.

Maybe, but the issue Howard reported looks pretty clearly like an
Autoconf one.  I'll try to get my w32 up and running again, maybe
this weekend, to reproduce his issue.

> Yes, gcc is available pre-built for mingw, although I'm not sure
> whether it is installed by default or an optional selection.  But again,
> the choice of using gcc vs. cl.exe is something that the developers on
> the mingw list are much more familiar and competent with.

But Autoconf should be working with either.

My installation of mingw/bin has gcc.exe.  The entire suite of compilers is
installed except for Ada.

Regards,

-- Howard Larson