Re: Installing Autoconf 2.63 on MinGW

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: Installing Autoconf 2.63 on MinGW
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:59:29 +0000

On Sunday 07 December 2008 20:35:05 Brian Dessent wrote:
> Jason Curl wrote:

Jason,

Your question has already been asked, and answered, several times
recently, on the MinGW and MSYS mailing lists; you would do well to
search their archives, e.g.:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/26315/focus=26324
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/27824/focus=27838
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.msys/4605

You might also consult the Wiki article here:
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS

paying particular attention to the follow up comments regarding
autoconf.

You are doing all kinds of everything wrong here:

> > I've just downloaded mingw-1.0.11,

Er, what's that?  Some kind of prehistoric release no one has heard
of?  I suspect you actually mean MSYS-1.0.11.
                                 ^^^^