Autoheader variable resolution

From: ptriller
Subject: Autoheader variable resolution
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:26:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have a little problem, I want to make my own authheader variable:

gladedir="${datadir}/myApp"
gladefile="${gladedir}/client.glade"
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(GLADE_FILE, "${gladefile}", Glade file for client)

unfortunately this is not working since I get the following entry in the
config.h file:

/* Glade file for client */
#define GLADE_FILE "${datarootdir}/myApp/client.glade"

is there a way to get autoconf to resolve this variables ?

Thanks

Peter