Re: Autoconf and 64-bit Systems

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Autoconf and 64-bit Systems
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:36:03 -0600

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Paul Elliott <address@hidden> wrote:
> The Debian based distros that I have used don't need anything done
> because /usr/lib works for 64bit.

Well, I probably messed up my Centos 5.2 64-bit system by using old
habits and adding packages without paying attention to whether they
were 32- or 64-bit.

I finally got "bit" when a 64-bit build grabbed a 32-bit library
somehow and I tried to straighten the mess with making sure I searched
for lib64 libs before lib libs.

Anyhow, all seems to be working for the moment.

Thanks all for your help.

-Tom