Problem using AC_LANG_PROGRAM with AC_EGREP_CPP

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Problem using AC_LANG_PROGRAM with AC_EGREP_CPP
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 01:02:15 -0400

When I try to use AC_LANG_PROGRAM in conjunction with AC_EGREP_CPP, I'm
seeing this error:

        configure.ac:97: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LANG_PROGRAM
              If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
              See the Autoconf documentation.

My invocation of AC_EGREP_CPP looks like this:

        AC_EGREP_CPP([HAVE_GL_GLU_H], [AC_LANG_PROGRAM([[foo]], [[bar]])],
                     [OPENVRML_HAVE_GL_GLU_H=1],
                     [OPENVRML_HAVE_GL_GLU_H=0])

If I have an instance of AC_LANG_PROGRAM usage earlier in the file that
has been working fine.  However, the error message will point to it.
Only if I remove the first occurrence does the error message point at
the second invocation (the one mentioned listed above).

I am using Autoconf 2.63. (Specifically, the one in Fedora 10.)

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>