Re: Autoconf and Automake support for ObjC++

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Autoconf and Automake support for ObjC++
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 05:26:57 -0600

According to Peter Breitenlohner on 7/21/2009 3:26 AM:
>> AFAIK nobody else is working on patches yet; they would be very welcome.
>> I suppose adding ObjC++ support should be very straightforward.  Thanks.

Seconded, especially since autoconf already has ObjC and C++ support, so
you have two similar languages to borrow from.

> can you tell me the approximate schedule for Autoconf 2.64. I'd like to
> create patches adding support for ObjC++, preferably in time for 2.64.

I'm under a lot of pressure to get 2.64 out this week before I go on a two
week vacation.  I'm sorry to say it, but that probably means ObjC++
support will have to wait for 2.65.  But don't let that deter you from
starting to write the patches now.

- --

Eric Blake             address@hidden
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)