How do I write this test?

From: Dr. David Kirkby
Subject: How do I write this test?
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:39:39 +0100

I'm trying to write a test, but find the documentation extremely sparse on this.

I wish to compile the following C program:

main()
{
}

using the compiler option "-Wl,-zextractall"

and see if it returns 0 or 1.

That seems like a pretty simple thing to do, but I can't work out from the docs how to do this.

Dave

PS, that should pass if the Sun linker is used by the compiler, which will allow me to test if gcc is using the Sun linker or not. (I'll only perform the test if the OS is Solaris and the C compiler is gcc).