Re: Check lib on path

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Check lib on path
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:13:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:

   AC_CANONICAL_HOST

   # Workaround OS related problems in the default search path:
   #   o  FreeBSD bug: GCC on FreeBSD doesn't search
   #      /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib directories.
   #   o  MacOS X/Darwin problem: GCC on Darwin doesn't search
   #      /opt/local/include and /opt/local/lib directories.
   #
   case "$host_os" in
   freebsd*)
       CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/usr/local/include"
       LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib"

I hate seeing this sort of stuff hard-coded in configure scripts because it is just a wild ass guess and it is is incredibly difficult for the user to disable. This sort of code has forced me to use an editor on the configure script in order to get it to work at all.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn