Re: Why is this perl checking code not working for me?

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: Why is this perl checking code not working for me?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:30:52 +0100

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 17:57:47 Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> It STILL does not work for me, though at least it is not a syntax
> error.
>
> This is what I have in configure.ac
>
> minimum_perl_version="5.6.0"

So, within configure you run

  perl -e 'require 5.6.0'

Try running that yourself, from the shell prompt; do you see what
the problem is now?  (Hint: you have a minor version of 8, but you
require a much later minor version of 600 or more -- it's arcane,
but it seems to be how perl interprets that version number).

--

Regards,
Keith.