Re: ./configure.lineno: fork: Cannot allocate memory

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: ./configure.lineno: fork: Cannot allocate memory
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:56:56 +0200

Hello Ralf,

As adviced, I added "set -x" in the configure script of File-5.03. The
software versions are those of LFS 6.5
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter03/packages.html)
:
- Autoconf-2.64
- Bash-4.0
- Glibc-2.10.1
- kernel : when I am chrooting, the one of my host system :
2.6.28-15-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 18 18:40:08 UTC 2009 i686
GNU/Linux; when I am booting from the LFS partition : Linux-2.6.30.2
- Sed-4.2.1
- Grep-2.5.4
- Gawk-3.1.7
- Coreutils-7.4

While in chroot, I ran the following command :
"root:/sources/file-5.03# ./configure >configure_stdout.log
2>configure_stderr.log". At the end, the configure_stdout.log is
empty, while the configure_stderr.log contains all the messages... I
also ran the same command on the host system (on which I have no
problem).

Please find attached a tar.bz2 file containing :
- configure : the configure script of File-5.03 (with "set -x")
- configure_stderr_chroot.log : the logfile in the chroot
- configure_stderr_host.log : the logfile on the host system

Thanks a lot for your help,

Pierre