Re: cross-compilation tool detection

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: cross-compilation tool detection
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:33:49 +0000

Rainer wrote:

> Calling a program arm-unknown-linux-gcc isn't particularly
> useful. Especially if there are two arm-unknown-linux-gcc's which are
> quite different, each of them needed for a particular
> cross-compilation environment on the same machine.

Have you seen any of my postings to this list about my 'cvo' script?

What you describe is exactly why I wrote it, and if one really has
multiple cpu-vendor-os-gcc programs that do different things, I'd put
them in different subdirectories so it was clear from their path what
their overall function was.