Re: GNU Make -v output no longer includes "version"

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: GNU Make -v output no longer includes "version"
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:52:53 +0100

Hello Dave,

* Dave Hart wrote on Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 07:38:30AM CET:
> Having fixed a similar bug in a NTP-local NTP_VPATH_HACK macro, the
> following snippet jumped out at me in a configure script from
> ntp-4.2.5p250-RC generated with Autoconf 2.65:

Thanks for reporting this; but you have arrived at the wrong place to
report it: while this code comes from an Autoconf macro, it doesn't
come from Autoconf itself; presumably it's from a macro shipping with
ntp.  You need to report this to the ntp maintainers.  You can notify
the GNU make list (bug-make at gnu.org), but my guess is that their
--version output was just changed to conform to GNU Coding Standards so
they are unlikely to undo that.

Hope that helps.