Server Adjustments

From: Glus Xof
Subject: Server Adjustments
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:56:07 +0100

Hello guys,

I'm developping a server application specially for GNU/Linux
platforms... but as I'm a little newbie using the autools, I'd need to
know what I can do to reach that the autotools realizes the system
settings & adjustments (so, in /etc/services, /etc/rc.X/...) before
the installation process concludes, (i.e., make install). Maybe,
calling to a simply Shell Script (Bash) (at the installation process,
of course...) would solve the problem, but... how to configure the
call ?.

The most interesting solution (that I searched unsuccessfully for a
long time) would be to work only inside Makefile.am or/and
configure.ac files... I have a little experience in writing
configure.ac and Makefile.am files, and Shell Scripting either.

Maybe, I just post a very broad question (or maybe, a very stupid and
simple one, ...), but any information about it will be wellcome.

What could you suggest? Could help me?

Thanks a lot,

Glus