Re: checking command output

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: Re: checking command output
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:49:10 -0600

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 15:53, Adam Mercer <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems to me that a better test would be check the output of
> "condor_compile gcc -print-prog-path=ld" and act accordingly. I've
> therefore been looking for a macro that gets the output from a given
> command, but can't find anything. Does such a macro exist?
>
> If not how could I achieve this?

I've written the following code which seems to achieve this but I'm
wondering if theres already a macro that accomplishes much of this?

  # does condor_compile suffer from condorbug 19343
  AC_MSG_CHECKING([if condor_compile suffers from bug 19343])
  condor_compile_output=`$CONDOR_COMPILE $CC -print-prog-name=ld`
  condor_compile_retcode=$?
  if [[ "$condor_compile_retcode" = 1 ]]; then
    AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])
    LD=/usr/bin/ld
  else
    AC_MSG_RESULT([no])