AC_CHECK_HEADER fails

From: Lukas Kaser
Subject: AC_CHECK_HEADER fails
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:32:47 +0200

Dear all,

I am very, very new to this list and very new to autoconf and friends.
In addition I don't know much about linux, so here is my question:

For my actual project I use a third-party-header-file. The user should
get it from the web and put it do /usr/include or /usr/local/include.

With autoconf I would like to check the presence of the header-file,
but AC_CHECK_HEADER fails.

The header-file to be checked is in /usr/include AND
/usr/local/include. What do I miss?

AC_CHECK_FILE works for this file, so my additional question is, what
advantage brings _HEADER in my case?

I am pretty sure that somewhere out there my question was already
answered, but I dint find it so far.

Thanks in advance for any hint or link!!!!

Lukas