Re: checking for header/library mismatch, rpath problem?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: checking for header/library mismatch, rpath problem?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 00:32:25 +0200

* Adam Mercer wrote on Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 03:16:21AM CEST:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 14:25, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > Another possibility is to always use libtool for linking; it will add
> > appropriate run paths to installed .la libraries if need be.
>
> How do you specify to use libtool for linking the tests? As that
> should do the right thing?

Well, first you need to use LT_OUTPUT before any such test, so the
libtool script is created early in configure.  Then, you need to write
all link tests yourself, invoking ./libtool.  Maybe somebody has written
a macro to do that, somewhere (Autoconf Macro Archive?), I'm not aware
of any existing ones, but I think a good one would be acceptable into
libtool.m4.

Hope that helps.