Re: autotest and make distcheck

From: Andrei Kholodnyi
Subject: Re: autotest and make distcheck
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:01:01 +0200

> Running testsuite at the "make distcheck" is not a problem but intended goal.

Well, then IMO two use cases are mixed here in one.
I want to check whether my package is built/installed/uninstalled
properly. This is my first use case.
And I want to test/or not my installed package. This is my second use case.

For me check install and test install are two different things.
Probably installcheck rule is not applicable for the testsuite then
and e.g. installtest should be used instead.

Am I missing something?
Andrei.

--
Believe is not enough, you must know