Re: Why doesn't config.log quote invocation command line?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Why doesn't config.log quote invocation command line?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 09:22:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

For that please use
 ./config.status --config

It is properly quoted for eval.  It is new in 2.65.

I have always used './config.status --version'. There was a time when the output of --version could be completely reused as is but then someone decided it should be more pretty so now it requires two cut-and-paste operations. This is something I use quite often in order to create similar builds with somewhat different options. I see that the output of --config is incomplete because it does not reveal the location of the configure script used to generate it. Without knowing the path to the configure script, the information produced is not very useful.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn