Re: linkat, LINK_FOLLOWS_SYMLINKS, and Solaris

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: linkat, LINK_FOLLOWS_SYMLINKS, and Solaris
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:52:22 -0800

On 12/27/2010 05:03 AM, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Your proposed answer "don't do that" would imply that every library
> is distributed in different variants, one for each standards compliance.

No, I was thinking more along the lines "don't use -xc99=all".
It's clearly a problem to do that, or anything like that, regardless
of whether one is using cc or gcc or whatever.

The main reason people use -xc99=all is that autoconf tries it.
And the only reason autoconf tries it is to work around problems
I ran into with Forte Developer 7 C on Solaris 9.  I'll look into
a better way to work around those problems, whatever they were
(this was 4 or 5 years ago, and it may be that the workaround is
no longer needed).