Enforcing cross-compilation

From: David Nečas
Subject: Enforcing cross-compilation
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:44:01 +0100

Hello,

is it possible to enforce cross-compilation by some configure arugments
or env vars?

I cross-compile for win32 using the mingw32 cross-compiler toolchain but
I *can* run the created excutables as I have wine installed.  So
configure concludes I am not cross-compiling and this leads to various
problems later.

Of course, I can easily work around it by unregistering the binfmt
interpreter and thus losing the ability to run the MS executables
directly.  But generally, the cross-compilation check does not seem to
be reliable so I would like to be able to ask for cross-compilation
explicitly.

Yeti