RE: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails with suncc and sunf90

From: Daily, Jeff A
Subject: RE: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails with suncc and sunf90
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:58:08 -0800

> Hi Jeff,
>
> thanks for the bug report.
>
> * Daily, Jeff A wrote on Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 07:46:06PM CET:
> > Our software is a mostly C, with some Fortran and a C++ binding.  We
> > use AC_F77_LIBRARY_LDFLAGS.  configure fails with "linking to Fortran
> > libraries from C fails" because " /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmtsk".
> > The result of the AC_F77_LIBRARY_LDFLAGS test appears at the end of
> > this email.  The library is located in
> > /opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/prod/lib/compilers/rtlibs/usr/lib/amd64
> > which is found in the -Y argument in the verbose linking output:
> > -Y
> "/opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/prod/lib/compilers/rtlibs/usr/lib/amd64:/opt
> /oracle/solstudio12.2/lib/amd64:/opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/prod/lib/amd6
> 4:/lib64:/usr/lib64"
>
> The _AC_FC_LIBRARY_LDFLAGS macro in fortran.m4 should probably treat
> -Y like it does -YP, changing it to -L in the process.
>
> Can you submit a patch (to the -patches list)?  You're in the best
> position to test it.  Can you also try to ensure that one of the
> Autoconf testsuite Fortran tests exposes this if $F77, $FFLAGS and/or
> $FC, $FCFLAGS are suitably set in the environment so this library is
> pulled in?  In git master, the Fortran tests are
>   make check TESTSUITEFLAGS='303-329'
>
> (we should probably use AT_KEYWORDS a bit more).
>
> If you need help, feel free to report back with what you have.

Need help.  I finally installed git with http support after installing the
latest curl.  I'm getting the following:

[]$ git clone http://git.sv.gnu.org/r/autoconf.git
Cloning into autoconf...
fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: <!DO

I read the git faq on this
https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitFaq#protocol_error:_bad_line_length_character
 but I get back "testing commands" just fine.