autocache

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: autocache
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:20:50 -0400

Ralf asked me to send a small blurb, during FSCONS 2011 there was
discussion about how to make ./configure run a faster when hacking.
The simple solution is to generate a config.cache that one uses, and
reuses; so in the end I wrote autocache which simply runs as many
autoconf/automake/gnulib checks as possible and generates a
config.cache file that a user can install somewhere.

The code is avaiable at two places,
http://planet.gnu.org/~ams/autocache-0.2.tar.gz and in a git
repoistory on fencepost.gnu.org (you'll need to have an account there
to get the code but it allows you to push changes to the repo :-):

  git clone fp.gnu.org:~ams/autocache.git

If there is interest in this, I'll ask to make it a GNU project.