how to pass new path to aclocal when using autoreconf

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: how to pass new path to aclocal when using autoreconf
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 08:13:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

I want to install XCB on Windows. It requires libXau, which requires xorg-macros. I install everything in /usr/x11 (prefix value)

The autotools are in /usr/local

libXau's configure.ac wants xorg-macros.m4 which is in /usr/x11/share/aclocal, and libXau's autogen.sh calls autoreconf.

It fails as xorg-macros.m4 is not found

I tried to export ACLOCAL_FLAGS to "-I /usr/x11/share/aclocal" but it does not help; not surprising, actually, as that env var is not documented here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Macro-Search-Path

I would like to avoid copying that file in /usr/local/share/aclocal. Is there another way for autoreconf to make aclocal aware of anotheraclocal path ?

thank you

Vincent Torri