CONDITINAL DEFINE

From: Luca Formaggia
Subject: CONDITINAL DEFINE
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:32:46 +0200

Dear all,

I am rather new to Autoconf and I could not find an answer to this question in
the manual. I would like to know if there is a command to produce
conditional defines. Something that from

AC_CONDEFINE(FOO,  "1")

would produce

#ifndef FOO
#define FOO 1
#endif

This to avoid multiple defines. It happens in my case because my software is
integrating different libraries and it is difficult to know a-priori if
a macro has not yet been defined, and multiple definitions produce just an
annoying  warning using gcc compiler but it may crash
other (more stupid) compilers.

Thank you for your help,

Luca